In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in politics, economics, culture, education and trade between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and research in Chinese universities.
Ⅰ.The Scholarship covers the following items:
1. Full Scholarship
• Tuition fees: The tuition is coordinated and used by the university for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, as well as for organizing or supporting scholarship students to carry out cultural and sports activities, visits, parties, etc.
•Accommodation fees: free university dormitories or accommodation subsidies.
•If the scholarship students live in campus, university will accommodate them in university dormitories (usually twin rooms); if they choose to live off campus, university will provide monthly or quarterly accommodation subsidies, with the standard shown below:
Bachelor/Master Degree Students: 700 RMB/month
Doctoral Students: 1,000 RMB/month
Undergraduate Students: 2,500 RMB/month;
Master Students: 3,000 RMB/month;
Doctoral students: 3,500 RMB/month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive stipend from Nanchang University month by month. Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th is included) will receive full stipend of that month.
Students registering after the 15th of the month will receive half stipend of that month. Students who are going to graduate will receive stipend half a month after the graduation date determined by the university.
If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his/her stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
• Medical insurance
Please refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.
One or some items of the full scholarship.
•be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
•be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
•be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
•be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
•The teaching language is Chinese. Priority will be given to applicants with HSK4 level or above. Those who do not meet the required Chinese level must take a one-year Chinese courses at a preparatory university designated by the China Scholarship Council, and students can enter into professional studies until they attain HSK4. The scholarship will be covered during the Chinese language year and professional studies period.
1.Application Time: Generally from January to March annually;
A. Register and submit the online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students (www.csc.edu.cn/laihua), and print two hard copies of a completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (Color Printing). Make sure you type in the correct Agency Number (the Agency Number of Nanchang University is 10403) when logging in for online application.
B. Mail copies of all required materials together in the order of 1-10 to the International Exchange College of Nanchang University; applicants who apply through the embassy (consulate-general) can first contact Nanchang University to obtain the pre-admission notice and attach it in the application materials, then finally post all application materials (pre-admission notice is included) to the Chinese Embassy in the country where the applicant is located.
Note: The application review and evaluate process for the Chinese Government Scholarship will take several months. During this process, Nanchang University will contact the selected candidates for a telephone interview or request additional application information. The final scholarship list is determined by the China Scholarship Council; All documents must be in duplicate; submitted materials will not be returned, and overdue materials will no longer be accepted (the deadline is April 30).
Ⅳ.Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English): Ensure that you have submitted it online and printed the hard copy;
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma applicants must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. A study plan or research proposal (written in Chinese or English): This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students;
5.Two recommendation letters (written in Chinese or English): Applicants for graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor;
6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students): Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for painting arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other types of works;
7. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months): The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physicians, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months;
9. Pre-admission Letter from Nanchang University;
10. Valid HSK Certificate (if available).
Ⅴ. Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from the Embassy will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to Nanchang University. Candidates who are rejected by Nanchang University will not be granted with scholarship.
3. CSC will review the selected results and send the admission documents to overseas institutions before July 31. Each recipient of the scholarship can only receive one scholarship.
4. The diplomatic missions will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the Embassy or recipients of the scholarship.
5. Recipients of the scholarship shall not change their host universities unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if recipients of the scholarship cannot register before the registration deadline.
Admission Office, International Exchange College of Nanchang University
Telephone: +86 791 83968702
Post Address: No.999 Xuefu Road, Honggutan New District, Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, P.R.China.