Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. This scholarship only supports MASTER’S students for no more than 3 years or DOCTORAL students for no more than 4 years.
2. Duration of the scholarship, which covers major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
3. Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
This is a full scholarship which covers
Where to Apply and Deadline
You should apply directly to Nanchang University from March to May.
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China when applying for this scholarship.
1. Register and submit the online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students (www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click the icon “Application Online for International Students” to enter the system.), and print a hard copy of a completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. Make sure you type in the correct Agency Number (the Agency Number of Nanchang University is 10403) when logging in for online application.
2. Send the application documents to Nanchang University directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit your original documents by post (Address: International Exchange College, Nanchang University, 999 Xuefu Road, Honggutan New District, Nanchang, Jiangxi, P. R. China; Zip Code: 330031; Tel: +86 791 83968702). Incomplete application documents will lead to rejection.
3. Contact with Nanchang University around the end of June for the result sent by CSC.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
1.Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);
Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students);
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7.Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy);
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.
8. Valid HSK Certificate (if available).
NOTEAll the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 1 to 10.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents to your target university before the deadline.
No application documents will be returned.
1. Nanchang University reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates.
2. CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Winners, and sends the admission documents to Nanchang University before June 30th.
3. Each scholarship winner—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. Nanchang University sends the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship winners.
5. Scholarship winners shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship winner cannot register before the registration deadline.